Studying abroad for the first time can be overwhelming especially if you are used to living with your family, and having things taken care of by your parents or guardian. Don’t worry! MABECS Global consultants have curated a ‘before and after’ arriving in New Zealand checklist for you. We hope that this will reduce your anxiety as you leave home for a new start!
Before going to New Zealand
Besides the necessary steps after your degree application, such as applying for student visa
and applying for the police certificate of good conduct
, here are a few important tasks you should complete before going to New Zealand:
- Make sure you already have medical and travel insurance for New Zealand that covers your time studying in, and travelling to and from New Zealand.1 If you need further information, speak to a MABECS Global consultant.
- Not sure what to pack? Here are two of our favourite packing lists, which also includes things not to bring to New Zealand such as fresh fruits, food and plant products!
Make sure to bookmark the websites below if you’re applying to pursue a degree in New Zealand2
- Nzready.immigration.govt.nz—a tool to help you plan your study in New Zealand
- Studyinnewzealand.govt.nz—a detailed study guide for prospective students
- Chineseservice.org.nz—a service to support Chinese students and immigrants
- Education.govt.nz—the official website dedicated to education in New Zealand