Besides the necessary steps after your degree application, such as applying for student visa and applying for the police certificate of good conduct, here are a few important tasks you should complete before going to Switzerland:
- Make sure you already have medical and travel insurance for Switzerland that covers your time studying in, and travelling to and from Switzerland. If you need further information, speak to a MABECS Global education advisor.
- You should arrange accommodation before you arrive in Switzerland, even if it is just for the first few days. Have your accommodation address written in English ready to show the taxi or hire car, or detailed directions if you are using public transport. If your institution is picking you up from the airport they will take you exactly where you need to go.1
- Not sure what to pack? Here are two of our favourite packing lists.
- Curious how it’s like to arrive in Switzerland for the first time? Glion Institute of Higher Education has put together a video of an international student arriving in Geneva, Switzerland and how it’s like to be in a new country for the first time.
- Remember to put all important documents in your hand luggage. It is wise to keep a photocopy of your birth certificate and passport in your checked luggage and leave a copy with a family member or friend back home just in case your luggage is missing (it can happen!).2
Note down the contact details for the International Student Support Staff at your campus.