Studying abroad for the first time can be overwhelming especially if you are used to living with your family, and having things taken care of by your parents or guardian. Don’t worry, MABECS Global education advisors have curated another checklist for you before and after you arrive in Australia. We hope that this will reduce your anxiety as you leave home for a new start!
Before going to Australia
Besides the necessary steps after your degree application, such as applying for student visa and applying for the police certificate of good conduct, here are a few important tasks you should complete before going to Australia:
- Make sure you already have medical and travel insurance for Australia that covers your time studying in, and travelling to and from Australia. If you need further information, speak to a MABECS Global education advisor.
- You should arrange accommodation before you arrive in Australia, even if it is just for the first few days. Have your accommodation address written in English ready to show the taxi or hire car, or detailed directions if you are using public transport. If your institution is picking you up from the airport they will take you exactly where you need to go.1
- Not sure what to pack? Here are two of our favourite packing lists. To find out what to expect when arriving at the Australia border, read this page from the Australian Border Force.
Make sure to bookmark the websites below if you’re applying to pursue a degree in Australia2
- https://insiderguides.com.au/ — “Insider Guides produces best-practice guides to ensure international students are prepared, welcomed, connected and supported in Australia.
- https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/ — “Everything you need to know to make the most of Australia’s world-class student experience” a site by the Australian government